Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Hello and welcome to Red Cocoa!

 
Remember what it was like on your first day of high school? The nervous anticipation you felt as you walked up the school. Wondering if you're wearing the right brand of jeans or if anyone would notice the burn on your forehead thanks to an unsteady hand as you curled your bangs that morning? As the nervous excitement tickled your insides you weren't quite sure what high school had in store for you but you knew on some level that it would be great! THAT is how I'm feeling today as I write my first post. Nervous excitement, yet a feeling of being terrified all at once. Exhilarating yet nauseating all at the same time. I've debated about writing a blog for quite a while. I've finally just decided to dive in and do the damn thing!

Here a few tidbits about yours truly. I have an enormous passion for entertaining and event planning. I have a level 1 Sommelier certification and I've recently received my Event and Meeting Management certification. I also have a major obsession with food and wine (hence the sommelier certification!). I'm also recently engaged so look out for a lot of posts and perhaps some rants on wedding planning :)
I will mostly blog about all of the things I am most passionate about described above but will also have random posts on interesting things I've stumbled on, cool places I've been or things I have seen.

Now for the burning question - why "Red Cocoa?"
The name 'Red Cocoa" was inspired by my love of - or somewhat mild obsession (depending on who you ask!) with all things Red Velvet. As an avid baker one of my favourite things to make and what is often requested of me is Red Velvet cupcakes. In addition to having a naughty sweet tooth that just won't quit - I appreciate things that are a bit unusual - a refreshing departure from the norm - and believe that all great events should follow this same logic.
I invite you all to join me on this scrumptious journey that is Red Cocoa! This blog is for you as much as it is for me so I strongly encourage you to stop by often and leave comments.

NOW LET'S RAISE A CUPCAKE! CHEERS!
 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Trudy! I will be anticipating your every post!! Cheers Darling! XoAbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I posted earlier but It didn't go through. I just want to say I am loving the blog. Lots of interesting posts about things I love, events, food and beverages, holidays; great tips for my personal and professional worlds. Congratulations, very, very proud of you! You know I will be tuning it often.

    ReplyDelete