Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Easter - Wreaths aren’t just for Christmas anymore!


With Easter just around the corner why should the bunny get to have all the fun?

For some reason I feel so inspired by Easter this year! It could be the new Coffee Crisp mini eggs that I spotted at the grocery store or all the Easter Lilies I keep seeing everywhere. Whatever it is I needed to get in on the action. Therefore I decided to add a bit of décor to my home and make an Easter wreath!

I hopped over to my local Michael’s to grab all of the supplies I needed. 2 hours later – yes – I tend to go a bit nutty when surrounded by paint brushes, stencils, canvases and oooo is that a cupcake caddy???!!

Umm… I digress where was I again?! Oh yes I gathered all of my supplies in my black mesh Michael’s bag and proudly declared to the clerk that yes I was going to make an Easter wreath and it was going to be SPECTACULAR!  I wanted something that was relatively easy to assemble and that would give my black door a bit of pop and dazzle! Here she is!



Materials used:
  • 12” Grapevine wreath
  • Green paddle wire
  • Pink ribbon
  • 6’ Mini Easter egg garland
  • Easter egg bouquet
  • Purple tulips
  • Glue gun

I started by wrapping the Easter egg garland around the right side of the grapevine. I used a glue gun to affix them in place, while leaving a bit of the garland loose at the bottom to use later. I used the green paddle wire to combine the Easter egg bouquet and purple tulips then used more green paddle wire to attached it the grapevine. I wrapped the excess Easter egg garland around the base of the bouquet and grapevine, and used a bit of glue to hold in place.


I finished it off with a pretty pink bow. Voila!
 
Total time – 1 hour while listing to some killer salsa ;)
 

If you’re a bit less ambitious and amped as me – I found these beautiful Easter wreaths on Etsy which are sure to leave your neighbours jealous.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment